Tuesday 22 May 2012

One Year of Blogging (and welcome back, Elvis)

Well, against all the odds, the blog has been going for a year now, with a total of 7,000 visitors; and is getting about 25 hits a day - Although to be honest only about a fifth of these actually involve reading the blog. Oddly, most of the hits come from Google Image searches - notably searches for Richard Hamilton's Just what is it that makes today’s homes so different, so appealing? which I used to illustrate an off-the-cuff post about nothing in particular. I had intended to do a piece on Richard Hamilton after his death last year but, as is often the case, felt that I could not do justice to someone who had contributed so much to the art world over 50 plus years.

Richard Hamilton - Swingeing London '67

I'm still not really sure why I'm blogging - especially as so many of my draft posts don't get finished or see the light of day. I do, however, like to share favorite blogs that I have stumbled across with others. Also, like Pinterest, blogging is addictive (and the blog has the continuing benefit of pissing-off my kids).


Tomorrow I'm off to see Elvis Costello at the Colston in Bristol and have high hopes. After his initial excellent seven albums I lost a bit of interest - especially when he started cropping up on US comedy and chat shows. But last year I rediscovered his 20th album - When I was cruel - in a charity shop and he was back on form (ten years ago). So maybe I'll post something about the gig, if it's any good. (See post about the gig and links to YouTube videos here). Meanwhile, thanks for reading this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Thanks for checking out my artwork . . . I'm still waiting for my 13 yr Son (Geekster) to put my new Dory Previn CD on You Tube; he's put it on-line(?)already, but still has to put it on You Tube for me because I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    I've not listened to Elvis Costello for years; I might try some today, after all my Bee-gees albums that is.
    Enjoy the concert, hoping he lives up to your high hopes. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - Elvis was brilliant, thanks - Steve

      Delete